I was looking for a multipurpose WordPress theme that will be capable of handling any website ranging from blog, corporate or business to ecommerce. After searching so many theme I stopped by PointPro WordPress theme which is built by MyThemeShop club. I was looking for a theme that will serve all the above purposes. After using this theme I have following point of view for it.
PointPro is capable of serving a business/corporate, online magazine, professional blog and even an ecommerce store. The website built with this theme has decent looks and has many options to change colors and typography. The admin panel is friendly enough to build a website easily with it. It has two menu positions namely header menu and footer menu which helps in navigation. Then it has a scrolling headline showing trending posts which is suitable for magazine as well shopping sites to show offers. The home page of this theme is made up of sections, a special template is available for this.
Ease of Customization:
On activating this theme you get following customizing options in Appearance => Customize and a powerful set of theme options in Appearance => Theme Options.
These Theme Options will help you customize this theme with every minute detail directly from dashboard without coding. There use is as explained below:
- General Settings: Upload Logo, Footer Logo, Favicon, Touch icon, Metro icon, Twitter Username, header and footer code, lazy load options, feedBurner URL(thisserviceisstoppedbyGooglebutyoucanstilluseotherservicesthatprovidesimilarfeaturesasfeedBurnerusedto.JustpasteyourFeedURLinthefield), etc.
- Styling options: Control the visual appearance of your theme, such as colors, layout and patterns.
- Header: Controls for the elements of header section like Trending posts, trending category- latest four articles from this category will be shown in trending section, etc.
- Home layout: The home page of this theme is made up of sections which can be managed from here. These sections are slider section, features section, projects section, team section, blog feed section, gallery section and category section.
- Blog settings: Blog page options like show featured posts, Categories, Post Meta Info; Single posts options like Post Layout, show meta info, Breadcrumbs, comments; social buttons, etc.
- Ad mangament: Header Banner, Show call to action button to the right side of header Ad, show post title, etc.
- Sidebars: Manage every page’s sidebar uniquely from this option. It supports custom sidebars, so you can create your own sidebar and assign to each page template uniquely.
- Navigation: Manage menus and positions of menus.
- Typography: You can choose from 17 standard font sets, or from the Google Fonts Library containing 600+ fonts.
- Translation: Language translation options.
- Import/Export: importing or exporting content and option to create a child theme.
This theme is 100% fluid responsive to all devices ranging from desktops, laptops, tablets to mobile phones. The content gets automatically adjusted according to the screen size it is being viewed upon.
Page load speed:
A magazine styled or ecommerce website contains lot of heavy content and media files. This may impact the page load speed. Well, page load speed may vary according to the content included in it. The PageSpeed score depends on the demo page content, caching of the page, number of HTTP requests, Image sizes and lot many other parameters. I checked the Google PageSpeed of PointPro demo on Mobile and Desktop mode. The Performance is quiet impressive due to the caching plugin used in it named W3 Total Cache.
Search Engine Optimization:
Basic search engine optimization is done such as,
- Post Title on Blog Archive is in <H2> tag
- On Single Post, the title is in <H1> tag
- In-built Breadcrumb available for better navigation for Search bot
It is advised to use Yoast SEO WordPress plugin for even better SEO for the site.
I have scanned this theme with TAC plugin for authenticity and with Theme Check plugin for WordPress standards of theme code, the result is as shown below:
TAC shows that it has hardcoded/static links in theme-options.php which is not an issue as these are not malicious scripts. But theme checker has given lot of warnings which needs to be resolved.
Support and help:
This theme is built by MyThemeShop club which provides good support to customers in case of any queries. They provide community support, email support and Video Tutorials for free or premium.
- It supports page builder plugins.
- Compatible with WooCommerce plugin.
- Page templates included in it are default with left/right sidebar, home page template and fullwidth page template.
- On activating this theme I got a notification on dashboard about the plugins that the theme is compatible with. This theme recommends these plugins: MyThemeShop Theme/Plugin Updater, WP Mega Menu, WP Review, WP Shortcode, WP Subscribe and WP Tab Widget.
Point Pro WordPress theme is a well structured theme and suitable for magazine, business and estore websites. This theme is suitable for people who want to build these types of sites. The theme has many powerful and important theme options. It has descent looks so one who likes simple and fast website can go for Point Pro.
- Home page template that has multiple sections.
- Custom boxes to add codes to footer and header directly from dashboard.
- Several widgets like 125×125 ad banner, 300×250 ad banner, author posts, category posts, FB like box, latest tweets, popular posts, post slider, recent posts, related posts, social profiles are supported by this theme.
$69.00 Buy from seller site