Trust me, choosing the theme that will best suit your website is not an easy job. One should know about the requirements and expectations from a theme and then make a decision. As a passion to know about the themes and plugins and to get familiar with them, I came across a theme named Zerif Lite which also has its pro version. Before actually opting for its pro I wanted to know about all the features that were offered by this theme and what makes it unique. The thing that impressed me the most was its simplicity and the way in which it can be molded to build any website. Be it a business, corporate, agency or even a personal website… this theme is for you!
This theme comes with a one page layout to create a homepage for your site. You are able to present all the information of your website through a single page. By going through the unique features that were offered by this theme I decided to review it and then come to a conclusion about it. I considered various factors while reviewing this theme and those are,
Design and UX:
Really impressed by its single page layout design and presenting the information in a way to make it appealing for the visitors. Though the lite version does not provide with the options to change the color of the sections but allows to use any background image for your site. The site looks very elegant with the focus section and the parallax effect that can be applied to the images. It provides with a great experience for the users with the control over all the settings.
This theme provides with a responsive layout that looks great on all the devices and allows the visitors to access it from anywhere and any time. It is also retina ready theme that allows the images to look sharp on these devices, instead of blurry due to the higher pixel ratio of the devices’s display. As it is a one page theme it provides with a fixed layout.
Ease of Customization:
This theme provides with a one page layout with the control over all the settings of the theme options. It provides with three widgetized area for the footer and 4 widgets that can be easily dragged and dropped. It allows to add the background images and text on different sections. It only supports right sidebar and also full width page template. But in the lite version of this theme one can not be able to add the color schemes to any sections and elements and also cannot order it. This can be one of the reason that will pull you back to use this theme. But as a one page theme it allows you to customize the site easily without touching the code. All the theme options can be found in:
Appearance >> Customize
The options that are present to customize it easily are:
- Allows to add logo and favicon for your site.
- Provides with different Page Attributes templates for the pages such as a Default Template, Blog, Blog template with large images and a full width page.
- One can add Social Media links for the site.
- Allows to customize the Footer information ie. copyright and also allows to add different icons for email, phone and address section.
- One can add the Parallax effect for the main section by simply uploading the images.
- The main content provides with two buttons that can be linked to any URL.
- Adding the Background images with different options such as repetition and position for it.
- Settings can be applied to different Sections such as Testimonial, Contact Us, About etc.
- Easy and Quick to add different menus and select posts, pages and categories under that menu.
- It is compatible with WooCommerce and WPML plugin.
- This theme also supports RTL languages.
Speed and Load Order:
Speed and Load plays a very vital and important role though the theme is offering with many features. So in order to keep a check on the speed and load order of this theme I decided to use Google Page Speed and was really impressed by the scores this theme received. For the mobile devices the speed of the device is 74 out of 100 and for the desktop it was 90 out of 100.
I also decided to check the theme whether it followed all the standards and practices of WordPress and to scan all its files to know about any malicious and unwanted code. I could check this simply by activating 2 plugins Theme Authenticity Checker (TAC) and Theme Check.
Zerif Lite was successful in passing the basic tests that were performed on it.
Search Engine Optimization:
Search Engine customization can be done as,
- Post Title on Blog Archive is in <H2> tag
- On Single Post, the title is in <H1> tag
It is advised to use Yoast SEO WordPress plugin for even better SEO for the site.
If you are looking for a single page theme where you wish to present all the information on a single page in an appealing manner for the visitors than Zerif Lite theme is good for you. There are some of the useful features that are not provided with the free version so during such situation you can definitely opt for the Pro version of Zerif. But if you are a start up or budget is an issue for you then Zerif Lite is a good theme that covers most of the features that you are looking in a theme. This theme is fully customizable and very easy to understand. In order to improve the performance of the website one can activate Cache plugins such as WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache. There are many other plugins that are available to optimize the database and to improve its performance.
- One has the control to customize the theme options as per the requirements from the Settings Panel.
- Allows to customize each section of your website and also providing links to the buttons.
- To make the site appealing for the visitors provides with parallax effect as well as background images.
- Provides you with the Full page template if you are building a Blogging website.
- Useful when you are building a Corporate and business website as it provides with the team section.
- Presents the information on the single page in an elegant way.
- If one needs to make small changes for the CSS they will have to perform it on the CSS file, there is no section provided for it to write the piece of code.
- There are no colors that can be applied on the sections or elements, it is supported in the Pro version of Zerif Lite.
- The theme does not provide with the page builder.
- Pricing and Maps plays an important role when you are building a corporate website. This feature is only supported by the Pro version and the lite version Of Zerif does not support it.
$0.00Buy from seller site